Monday, July 9, 2007

Permission Granted

Sunday afternoon we went to the woods to pick dewberries; they are like a wild blackberry but grow on the ground. The black small berries are delicious but watch out for the thorns. We were leaving the cabin area and everyone was going to ride in our truck so I jumped in the back to ride. Our granddaughter, Lizzie crawled in too and Grandma came to shut the tail gate and asked Lizzie if she should get in the front. Lizzie started to slowly back out of the bed of the truck but I could see in her eyes that she was waiting for my permission to join me . I said, " Lizzie , do you want to ride back here?" A big smile came across her face as she darted forward. It was her first time to ride in the back of a pickup truck. On the way back I noticed a new confidence in her look. She had grown a little on that ride; reached a new milestone in her life. Permission granted.

God did the same thing at the cross of Calvary. Jesus took on all our sins and died for each one of us who believe in him as our savior. So when we seek Him and ask Him to forgive us , He says" Permission granted."

No comments: