Friday, July 27, 2007

The Art of Deception

As an archer, I use deception every chance I get to fool the animals I'm hunting. There are camouflage clothing, lures and scents, decoys, and tree stands to name a few ways to fool the animals. I have even been known to roll in a fresh bed of a stinky bull elk to hide my scent; but found out later I might be banned from camp. The better an archer uses deception, the more opportunities for shots.

I had a dream the other night that was about deception. Now I usually don't remember much about my dreams but this one was very different and very real. I this dream I was called by God to join Him in the air above the earth. That was very cool being able to hang out with God and see down like He can. We were able to view all the earth at once and see individual people from all nations. Wow, I was pretty awe struck at first ; then I began to notice the people. They all had chains on their bodies. Some only had a few and others were so weighted down with chains from head to toe that they could barely move. I could see their faces of despair. I went from wow to confused very fast so I asked God what I was seeing.

He said the chains represented the hold Satan had on these people using his power of lies and deception. I was suddenly engulfed in sorrow for these people. God said "They don't understand. I came and set them free but they don't call on me to help them. Many of them don't believe in me. They have let Satan fool their minds." He told me He wants a relationship with them and for them to seek power from HIM to resist Satan.

Jesus talks much about this in Matthew 24. He warns us to be on watch for the master of deception. In Matthew 11:28 He gives us assurance that if we seek Him we will be given rest and freedom from our burdens.

We all carry chains. Chains of sin and guilt, of despair. of low self esteem and many other chains of burdens that we need to release to God. He is a loving Father waiting for us to seek Him out so He can help us overcome anything in our life.

Don't let Satan keep deceiving you : God has already won the battle for us.

No comments: