Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Anticipation

The seasons are changing and I am anticipating spending time in the woods pursuing elk and deer with my bow. I am looking forward to the quiet time among the trees as I listen for the grunt and bugles of bull elk. My practice groups at thirty yards are good and now I need to fill my pack with only those items needed to be in the woods after dark and pack out an elk. Extra flashlights, game bags, sharp skinning knives, water, and some food will fill my pack. A big can of bear repellent is necessary since I don’t carry a hand gun as there are grizzlies around. It is always important to carry everything I need to spend a night alone in the woods.




I like the bow season and being alone in the woods as it provides me time to talk to

God and listen to what He wants to tell me. We need to slow life down and listen for his voice; Jesus did and it worked for him. Have you ever noticed that God sent men into the wilderness to teach them? I feel God calling me to use the wilderness to teach men his principles and truths. There is a lodge just west of Sandpoint in a forest setting that God keeps in my mind for his work. I need to get off my procrastinating and develop a plan to teach men in the wild. So this bow season, God will be revealing to me just how that should look.



We all need to take some quiet time and listen to what God wants each one of us to do to serve Him

No comments: