Friday, April 3, 2009

No Fooling

God pulled an April fool’s joke on us yesterday by giving us a blanket of snow and it is still snowing this morning. Yes, global warming is very bad in north Idaho. I saw robins with coats on today.

My dear wife pulled an April fool’s joke on me when we were in college. We had only dated about a month and a half so Ardella caught me unaware that she would pull a prank on me. I had a report paper due in a class where the teacher had no sense of humor and it was a required subject so I was trying to bear through the boredom. The paper was to have a title page followed by three typed pages. Ardella volunteered to type it up as I typed at thirty five words a minute and she did one hundred and twenty. The paper was due April 1 so I met her outside the school just before my class to get the report.
As Ardella handed it to me I could see it wasn’t three pages and then to my horror it had mud all over the front page. She said that she had just dropped it in the mud. I slowly opened it up to read in big letters, April fool! Then with a big grin she handed me the real report.

Some events took place this week that I was hoping were April fool’s jokes but unfortunately they were not. The first one is our Secretary of Treasury told congress that he was opposed to the one world currency being proposed by Russia and China. Less than twenty four hours later he spoke at a news conference where he said it might be best to evolve into that system. I’m wondering why he told a lie to congress. Next is the appointment of Harold Koh to be the top legal advisor at the State Department. Mr. Koh believes we should be obligated to international law rather than those set up in the Constitution. So we would have the rest of the world deciding if we can own firearms, how to raise our children, and be subject to their pagan morals. Congress should not confirm him and send a message to the President to leave the Constitution alone. Then in Kansas an abortion doctor was acquitted on sixteen charges brought against him for practices not acceptable under Kansas law and those laws a very liberal.

There is hope in all this and that is God’s prophesies are being fulfilled quickly. Israel has a new prime minister that could really irritate the Arab world and Iran’s nuclear ambitions may be targeted for destruction soon. I believe something significant will happen yet this year between those two countries. The Bible says God will destroy Israel’s enemies and the whole world will know he is God. It will be spectacular! I don’t think our nation plays a part of importance in the end times. But there is hope and joy for those who believe in Jesus. Do you believe?

No comments: