Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Real Stimulus Package

The world economies turned upside down recently and now all we hear from our government is about how we will all be saved by the stimulus package. I’m not a financial guru but how do you tax yourself into prosperity? Small businesses are the backbone of our economy yet our government wants more tax dollars all the time. If they really wanted to create a healthy economic environment they would free up useless regulations and taxes so small businesses could prosper.

We could save millions if our elected officials in Washington lived like we do. I would like them to take a huge pay cut and provide for their own health insurance. Traveling at our expense should be cut off. Taking money from outside interest should be punishable by prison. The American people should be outraged by how corrupt our elected officials have become. They have forgotten how our founding fathers wanted a government based on the moral law of the Bible. Also forgotten is the importance our first leaders placed on their belief in Jesus Christ. You will never hear that in school.

So what kind of stimulus package does this country need? It needs one based on the authority of Jesus Christ. We need to put him first in all things. What do you think would happen if this country; every man, woman, and child got down on their knees at the same time and prayed to God. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says he would hear our prayers and save us. Why don’t we believe that?

Instead of believing in Wall Street we need to believe in the God of creation. Instead of the government being our savoir we should put that trust in Jesus Christ. The Bible should be our law book. Life would go easier.

2 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

Amen!

DJ said...

Good post. Interesting blog. I came across your post as I attempted a Google search to see if my blog would show up. Mine didn't :( , but yours did :) . I was just curious where you came across "the real stimulus package." I have shared it with others and started a blog at http://therealstimuluspackage.blogspot.com/.
I was just hoping that my blog may be having a wider impact than what I am currently aware of. I'm unsure if it will be worth the time I invest. I'm a young layperson who has not heard a clear call to vocational ministry, but I do desire to serve and minister and am beginning to search for the best avenues for me to do so. Thanks.