Friday, January 30, 2009

Count Your Blessings

Winter can be the time when doom and gloom creep into our lives with the short daylight hours. The everyday events of the world don’t help either. It helps me to just get outside and enjoy the sights of winter. I got to thinking of the blessings God has given me and that definitely cheered me up.

I am blessed because:
God has given me a great wife and family
I have a wonderful view out our front window of trees and mountain.
We have over twenty deer visiting our yard every day.
I have a loyal golden retriever.
I can look in the backyard and see squirrels running around.
I have a band of brothers to support me.
I have a home.
I can go ice fishing.
I was able to experience wild Alaska for five falls.
I have heard the music of bull elk.
I have spent many evenings around a campfire.
I have encountered a grizzly bear at fifty feet and a cougar at less than two feet.
I have seen wobbly newborn calf moose and little furball black bears.
I have seen robins this week.
God healed me of a virus last summer.
Most of all- God loves me unconditionally.

Go ahead and count your blessings, it will brighten up your day.

No comments: