Sunday, August 26, 2007

Answering The Call

Next Thursday the millions of stars from the night will slowly give way to the hues of the morning light. At first will be shades of blues and violets followed by reds and yellows of the dawn over the Cabinet Mountains of northern Idaho. As this is occurring, I will be descending 1000 feet down a mountain side into the wilds of elk country. I will travel past the tall spruce that stand as sentinels to God, through red huckleberry brush and around mountain ash bushes laden with bright orange berries. All my senses will be an alert as I may not be the only predator there. The area is home to black and grizzly bears , mountain lions , and the newly arrived predator- the wolf. Where the mountain side meets the tangle of the awful alder brush is the beginning of a small stream . I will quietly stop in some cover and cow call to see if there is a bull in the area that would be using the headwaters for his muddy wallow. If need be I may also grunt and squeal at him to challenge his authority over this area. I'm hoping he answers the call. I wait now in great anticipation.

As I thought about this opening day for elk hunting, I was reminded how God asks us to answer the call. Jesus said He waits at the door and knocks. What Door? I have never heard him knock on my front house door. No, He knocks at the door to our hearts. That can be frightening to most people. A few months ago, God came to me in a very audible way and told me to start Into The Wild Ministries. Not only that, He told me to go register it on the web. Now me of little faith tried to tell Him the name would surely be taken. So I searched for Into The Wild and yes it was already registered. I said " See God , I told you ." Then HE said " Put Ministries with it." Guess what, it worked! I don't know where His call is going to lead me but I know it will be an exciting journey. He has put me in touch with people across this nation and some in far off lands in just a short time. Just prior to His beckoning, I said that I would never write a blog. He must have laughed over that one.

It is important that we listen for His call and often that faint knock on the door to our hearts. He is the Creator of Heaven and Earth but He wants us to walk with Him and be His friend. That is absolutely awesome! He can use YOU, will you let Him? Remember Philippians4:13

No comments: